Chapter 422: Joint Request 1
「And that’s why we will joint force doing a request!」(Marcella? Rena?)
「What’s with “that’s why”?」(Mile)
Mile’s tsukkomi was ignored by 6 girls.
「For the time being, let’s not talk about each other’s abilities.
I believe you have no objection!」(Marcella)
Monica and Oriana nodded to Marcela’s words.
In this way, the joint order for “Red Oath” and “Wonder Three” was decided…
＊ ＊ ＊
「Then, shall we go?」(Marcella? Rena?)
The next morning, after breakfast and a short break,
An extraordinary joint team of “Red Oath” and “Wonder Three” that all 7 people go out together.
It’s not good to do heavy exercise immediately after eating, so if they take their time and then walk slowly, they will be in good shape by the time they arrive at the hunting ground.
They usually go out to the guild branch early or immediately after breakfast, but because there’s no need to choose interesting requests nor time condtion so they can take their time. For this purpose, instead of receiving a specific request, they choose a free collecting materials request, which doesn’t need pre-procedure.
Their destination was the forest, which is used as a hunting ground by low-ranking C-ranked parties.
Since sometimes a wild Ogre might appear, it’s hunting ground that is not recommended for parties like the lower layer of Rank C or upper layer of Rank D.
Even if you can defeat the Ogre, it’s “out(EN) / a big nope” if even one member is seriously injured.
If you return while helping the injured member, you will have little room to carry your prey. Besides, your party’s expense will be hurt for medical expenses, suspension of activities until full recovery, and so on…
Well, if he can be completed healed than it’s good.
Worst case he might be disable and retire or dead.
A party that takes such a risk request will disappear in the first 1-2 months.
Therefore, the subjugation request that suitable for the hunter to receive must be 95% chance that they are all unharmed, and 4.99% chance that only one minor injury occurs.
No matter how powerful you are or how easy the request it may seem to be, there’s no such thing as “100%” or “absolute.”
The remaining 0.01% is the amount of such “unfortunate events”, and how to reduce it is the skill of the party leader, and the true power of the party to act when in crisis.
However, regarding the escort request, since the probability of being attacked and the strength of the attacking enemy are varied. Of course, everyone will be intact if the group didn’t get attacked, but if they fight, the probability of injury or death will be rather high.
So when the hunters thought that they wouldn’t be able to win, they often surrendered from the beginning.
Anyway, it is a sortie for all seven of them, a free constant request.
(7 ladies always ready for requests. Lady Georgie!?) (Mile)
And again, Mile was still thinking about something that no one could understand…
For the time being, we all act like a joint party, but unless there are unexpected enemies and we are in danger, we will fight as separate groups.
It’s dangerous to fight together without knowing each other.」(Rena)
Everyone nodded with Rena.
If people who don’t know each other suddenly fight together, the rearguard magicians might not be able to read the attack pattern of the vanguards, and magician magic might land on the ally (friendly fire).
That feat like “G.o.ddess’s Servant” is a gift that members have continued for years of training and actual battles without replacement, and it’s not so easy to imitate.
「And Mile, unless you got requested by any of us, don’t give any advice or help!
Otherwise, there is no point in comparing power!」(Rena)
「Ah, yes. I understand…」(Mile)
At first, Mile was about to be left behind.
But then Mile asked to join in and everyone agreed, so she had no say in everyone’s decision.
「Now, from this moment, for 3 days and 2 nights, we will start the joint request and completion of “Red Oath” and “Wonder Three”!」(Rena)
Rena said that with a serious face.
When Rena was serious about something she would say “Let’s start” or “we will start”
And five people nodded to Rena.
…Mile isn’t the target, so she just looks around without nodding.
Then 7 people leave the inn and head to the hunting ground in the forest.
Mile was fidgeting because there were things that she worried as she walked behind the group.
*** You are reading on https://webnovelonline.com ***
But Rena said it loud and clear that:
Rena looks frightened because she doesn’t know what Mile means in her response.
「No, as you said. I’m not allowed to do any tricks or give advice regarding the request, right?
Of course, this is also a major factor for the request of 2 days and 3 nights, which also applies to meals…」(Mile)
「「Ah!」」(Maevis + Pauline)
Mavis and Pauline are appalled to understand the meaning of Mile’s words.
Rena is completely solid.
And Maevis murmured with a blue face.
「Then, the preparation for camp…」(Maevis)
Kokuri. (Gulp SFX)
Except for weapons and armor, Red Oath is completely empty-handed.
Even though they used to stay at an inn on their travels so far, “Wonder Three” always carries the minimum equipment in case of something like this.
「Ara~, what’s wrong?」(Marcella)
Saying that, Marcella smiles, Monica and Oriana also look happy.
At first the girls didn’t intend to take Mile with them.
Even though Rena was wary of relying too much on Mile and also had tried out requests without Mile.
It was no good.
…It was no good at all.
Normally, “Wonder Three” will give their food if there is a person in need.
However, it’s their “Rival” in the middle of a compat.i.tion now.
It’s a place where you can compete for each other’s merits and demerits, and it’s a place where you can’t lose.
Help is only after the game is decided.
“Red Oath” got a bad start…
*** You are reading on https://webnovelonline.com ***